MondayMintue: The Word

Does your heart exult in the Lord when you heard His word proclaimed?
Mine does.*
This weekend I had the privilege of attending a sister church in my hometown-both services.
 As I sat listening to the word expounded upon, my heart rejoiced.
It also repented. Then worshiped.

 We know from the Scripture that His word is good.
We know we are to treasure it.
We know it should be a delight to us as Believers.
It is by His word that God speaks to our hearts.

Yet how often do we delight in it?
How often can we say, with a true heart, along with the Psalmist the poetry of Psalm 119?

It is vital for the Christian to be in the Word,
 delving into the depth of truth,
 asking the Holy Spirit to enlighten his eyes.  

It reveals His character so that we may know Him more intimately.

    "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. 
The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life."
John 6:63 [emphasis mine]

Delight in the law of the Lord. And on His law meditate day and night.
Read it. Study it. Listen to men and women who have a love for it.
Rejoice that God is yet speaking.

*I know my love for the Word and it rightly taught is a gift from God.
I do not in the least think that it is something I birthed out of myself.
   


Comments