Monday Minute


"How tragic that we in this dark day have had our seeking done by our teachers."
 
I have come to realize something. It is not a new thing but rather an old sinful habit that has again come to the surface.

You see I have been weary. Spiritually weary. Hungry for more. Desiring more of my Savior! I want to experience Him not just have a head full of sound doctrine. "But that is good!" you say. And you are correct. It is good. The problem doesn't lie in my desire but rather my means of satisfying it.

I am lazy, you see. I would rather read a book or listen to a sermon instead of pushing hard after God's own heart. That would require work! Spiritual discipline.  It would require for me to log out of facebook and shut down Gretta. For me to open my Bible and study it. To get alone and pray. To tarry with the LORD.

I have plenty of excuses for not doing it:
  • I haven't been to seminary or Bible school so I can't do a good job.
  • I don't have time.
  • This thing that I am occupying my time with isn't bad! I don't have to set it aside!
  • It will hurt.
But they all just excuses. They leave me empty. Sermons and books do cannot replace a relationship built on prayer and the Word.

Do not misunderstand! I am very blessed to have tremendous resources. They are good!  They should be used. Yet, they should not take precedence over time spent digging into the Word...spent in prayer.

I am to seek Him diligently while it is yet day. I am to push hard after Him. I am to cry out to Him. All of this must be done personally between me and my Savior. It requires that I come on His terms- humbly with a heart ready to be searched. Repentantly. Expectantly. He will meet me when I seek after Him. It is a promise.  Then, I shall not be weary. The joy of my salvation will be restored.

    Hear, O LORD, when I cry aloud;
        be gracious to me and answer me!
    You have said, “Seek my face.”
    My heart says to you,
        “Your face, LORD, do I seek.”
        Hide not your face from me.
 Psalm 27:7-8 

NOTE: Monday minute is a weekly post. I would love for you to join me in posting a short encouraging thought based on the Word every Monday. Please leave me a comment with the link to your post. I am working on getting a widget/button and the link grid.

Comments