My Favorite Kids Songs


It is no secret that I love music. Especially that I love to sing. You can catch me in my car totally rocking out to the radio. Many times instead of the radio, I have on one of my favorite children's cds. 

Songs for Saplings is a ministry founded by James and Dana Dirksen. They "create lively, fun songs that attempt to deliver the deepest of Biblical truth in a format that your children will love to listen to".
It is THE BEST.  Their folksy and sometimes funky sound has children (and adults) learning catechism questions and their answers in no time flat.  Mike Wilkerson at Resurgence * tells how his family was introduced to Questions and Answers cds from SforS. (Wilkerson's article also has sample music)

Seeds Family Worship is our other favorite. Seeds takes Bible verses and sets them to music. It isn't a new concept but it does have a modern flavor. Unlike many other children's Scripture memory songs these are more contemporary. In fact, I have even considered singing one for church sometime. Put on one of these cds and you might even find your teenager singing along.

If you are looking for something to enhance your discipleship efforts with your children, consider supporting one of these ministries. 

*This is not a website I frequent. When looking for the catechism that the songs are based off of I found this article.


Comments

  1. I have heard so many good things about Seeds. I'm going to have to get some of their songs!

    Mary Beth
    newlifesteward.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment