Today was the last day of clinic for the semester.  Those of you who follow my blog have read about my apprehension. I was not sure I was going to meet requirements. I soon gave up on having extra. I just wanted to meet! I did a terrible job trusting the LORD with the whole situation.

Each leg of my college career has had a different overarching prayer request. My freshman year I needed a stellar GPA so that I could get into Dental Hygiene. - I got 1 B.  My first year of dental hygiene I learned to let go of the idea that I had to have a perfect GPA. I just needed to keep scholarship. - My GPA was high enough to keep scholarship but I didn't know until final grades were in. This semester I needed to meet my patient requirements. By God's grace and what my teacher calls a "Christmas Miracle", I met them. Nothing extra but all filled.

After I got things squared away with my instructor (I had a  patient I was banking on cancel),  a verse came to my mind.

Remove far from me falsehood and lying;
   give me neither poverty nor riches;
   feed me with the food that is needful for me,
lest I be full and deny you
   and say, "Who is the LORD?"
or lest I be poor and steal
    and profane the name of my God.
Proverbs 30:8-9

How like to the LORD to "feed me with the food that is needful".  I did not excel and become arrogant so as to take credit for getting here nor did I do so poorly as to be tempted to cut corners.  He brought things about in a way that I did not see coming.  Why is it that I fear? How is it that I can have such an unbelieving heart?
He is faithful. Oh so faithful.

I praise You oh God for your loving kindness. You have given me life by Your Son and continue to lavish your love upon me; even when my face has turned from You.  You turn my heart back to the Son by opening my eyes to Your love which you display through Your Word and through circumstances and Holy Spirit whisperings. In this I rejoice that You do not leave your children in sin but discipline them in Your ways. Jehovah-Jireh You have again provided for my every need. 

How has the LORD proven His faithfulness in your life? Do you have stories like mine where God blows the mind?

Comments

  1. Yay God :D
    I need to remember that - 'the food that is needful for me' - good thoughts.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good post. He IS so faithful. Always.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment