Today's adverse event: my seeming inability to remove interproximal calculus.
Needless to say, I was discouraged by the end of the day.
PLUS: I didn't get as far as I wanted to in the treatment process for either pt, morning or afternoon.
Really discouraged.
*almost tears*

But then God...
He caused me to be waiting for my pod leader [our clinic is supervised in sections] to check my work
instead of her, I had a different instructor. Checked.
Failed that one.
 Grade sheet.
"Was not ready for check per Ms.D"
Mercy.
I put away my paperwork and looked at my "self assessment sheet".
Red pen. *heart sinks* then I read
" really good with pts.....pts know that you care...look at how far you've come..."
Ms. D
Encouragement
*yes I cried, shh don't tell*
Reflecting back on the day
two excellent patients- super sweet- such troopers when things were uncomfortable
Blessing
Singing hymns to my afternoon patient because I just needed to worship Jesus.
Healing
[This actually served a double purpose, she was blessed & it helped her not focus on my work, & it helped me]

When I step back and look, I see the faithfulness of our God.
He keeps telling me through all of these little things that He really is seeing me through.
All I have to do is look for it.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above..."

Oh, and my afternoon patient got bumped up a level which means
a. it helps me begin to fulfill a requirement
b. I will finish her just on time and not with too many appointments!

Comments