It started with life.
Parents who wanted children.
They wanted them so badly they went to the doctor for help.
Then there were seven in the mother's womb.
"Oh NO! Seven!", they cried "That is too many for us."
"What shall we do?"
They talked to their doctor.
He had just the solution.
"I have a perfect solution. You can choose how many children you want. In fact, we'll wait until you can tell what sex the fetus are and you can pick."
They kept a girl and a boy.

16 years later.
"Mom, where is this scar from."
Asks the girl spared about the scar on her forehead.
"That was where one of your siblings was attached to you."
Replied her mother.
And so the story unfolded- 
the story of how she and her brother were allowed to live.

5 others.
Gone.
My stomach lurched when I heard this story.
I didn't even know you could do that!
Abortion is bad enough but to choose which ones you want in your womb!
What if I had the scar to remind me daily that the doctor randomly picked me?
It makes my heart hurt.

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
the fruit of the womb a reward.
 Like arrows in the hand of a warrior
are the children of one's youth.
 Blessed is the man
who fills his quiver with them!
Psalm 127:3-5

Comments