Know Him

I'm sitting on my bed with Gretta in my lap tear stained eyes in awe of our Great God.
Over here on this blog Amy gets real. 
She echos the same thing that my mom talked about that she took home from the very same retreat.
It is a similar lesson to that which the LORD has been teaching me most of this semester.
It is what He has been revealing to me as I memorize 1 Peter.
[Maybe it is what I was supposed to be learning all along but have been twisting.]
"set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ"
 
I have been learning that my focus is Christ. 
The LORD wants me to be faithful- obedient- to not
"be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance"
That my hope does not rest in any accomplishments here on earth but rather in Christ and His finished work.

Mrs. Bradly at the women's retreat spoke of something even more sweet and precious.
She encouraged the mothers that their ultimate goal in schooling and life was to KNOW Him.
To point their children to Him, is more important than even their ABCs.
Knowing Him.
He wants us to know Him.

As I go out this week I am going to have a shift in focus.
I don't have children to teach but I do have teeth to clean.
Even more important than clean teeth, is that my patients hear the Gospel so that they too may know Him.
One that moves from not just being obedient [even if it is out of a heart of love]
to one that seeks to know Him 
AND
to make Him known.

Comments

  1. Beautiful! God is starting something for ALL of our hearts to be leaning the same way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment