Luke 15:11-24

“But when he came to himself, he said, ‘How many of my father's hired servants have more than enough bread, but I perish here with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and I will say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Treat me as one of your hired servants.”’

The  Prodigal son
A picture of Salvation.
Our rebellion.
His forgiveness.
All the son wanted was to be the servant of his father.
He wanted to be his servant! 
He saw the wickedness. 
He knew he didn't even deserve the status of "hired servant".
Broken he came to his father. 
He repented.
"A broken and contrite heart, Oh God, you will not despise"
If the son came willing to be a servant in his brokenness how much more should we out of gratitude?
Have we not been broken? Are you not now thankful?
Is He not worthy?

Comments