You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates..

Deuteronomy 11:18-25

I received a Hank Hanegraaff Legacy study Bible as a graduation present from my church a couple of years back. The Bible is specifically designed to be the "family Bible". It has numerous charts for marriages, births, deaths, and even one for "Legacy Altars". The margins in this Bible are very wide- great for making notes by verses God reveals afresh in hard times.

I love having Scripture always before my eyes. It helps me to remember Him at all times. Thus the Deuteronomy passage is one of my favorites. Because of this love, I have ideas of where and what Scripture I want to put on the walls of my home.

Here is where the two things tie in together.

It occurred to me the other day that by the time I get a house I won't remember what verses I wanted to put where unless I write them down. And where shall I document my ideas? My Legacy Bible. It provides the perfect place to mark verses and write why I liked it.

I also thought that maybe I (or my husband and I if I am blessed with the gift of marriage) would have a commentary book with each of the verses in it. The book would have the verse and my (our) thoughts on why we chose the verse and what it means.

Oh how I love your law!
It is my meditation all the day.
Psalm 119:97

Comments